After a pretty confusing and depressing 2020 with movies being pushed backed and delayed, we are now seeing some familiar and some new titles on the horizon from Walt Disney Studios 2021! Which ones are you excited to see this year?
WALT DISNEY STUDIO 2021
- WANDAVISION – January 15, 2021 (Marvel Studios / Disney+)
- PIXAR POPCORN – January 2021 (Pixar / Disney+)
- FLORA & ULYSSES – February 19, 2021 (Disney+)
- RAYA AND THE LAST DRAGON – March 5, 2021 (Disney Animation / theatrical and Disney+ with premier access)
- THE KING’S MAN – March 12, 2021 (20th Century / theatrical)
- FALCON AND WINTER SOLIDER – March 19, 2021 (Marvel Studios / Disney+)
- RON’S GONE WRONG – April 23, 2021 (20th Century / theatrical)
- BLACK WIDOW – May 7, 2021 (Marvel Studios / theatrical)
- FREE GUY – May 21, 2021 (20th Century / theatrical)
- CRUELLA – May 28, 2021 (Disney Live Action / theatrical)
- LOKI – May 2021 (Marvel Studios / Disney+)
- LUCA – June 18, 2021 (Pixar / theatrical)
- SHANG CHI AND THE LEGEND OF THE TEN RINGS – July 9, 2021 (Marvel Studios / theatrical)
- JUNGLE CRUISE – July 30, 2021 (Disney Live Action/ theatrical)
- DEEP WATER – August 13, 2021 (20th Century / theatrical)
- THE BEATLES: GET BACK – August 27, 2021
- WHAT IF…? – Summer 2021 (Marvel Studios / Disney+)
- DUG DAYS – Fall 2021 (Pixar / Disney+)
- DEATH ON THE NILE – September 17, 2021 (20th Century / theatrical)
- THE LAST DUEL – October 15, 2021 (20th Century / theatrical)
- ETERNALS – November 5, 2021 (Marvel Studios / theatrical)
- ENCANTO – Wed, November 24, 2021 (Disney Animation / theatrical)
- UNTITLED 20th CENTURY – December 3, 2021
- WEST SIDE STORY – December 10, 2021 (20th Century / theatrical)
- UNTITLED DISNEY LIVE ACTION – December 17, 2021
- MS. MARVEL– Late 2021 (Marvel Studios / Disney+)
- HAWKEYE – Late 2021 (Marvel Studios / Disney+)
- THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT – December 2021 (Lucasfilm / Disney+)
- DIARY OF A WIMPY KID – 2021 (Disney+)
- EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE – 2021 (20th Century / theatrical)
- NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM – 2021 (Disney+)
- STAR WARS: THE BAD BATCH – 2021 (Lucasfilm /Disney+)
WANDAVISION is a blend of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and good ole’ classic television. “Wanda Maximoff” (Elizabeth Olsen) and “Vision” (Paul Bettany), two super-heroes living in idealized suburbia, begin to suspect that everything is not as it seems… The new series debuts exclusively on Disney+ beginning January 15th.
Pixar Animation Studios PIXAR POPCORN is a collection of mini shorts featuring Pixar characters in all-new, bite-size stories created by Pixar’s talented animators. PIXAR POPCORN comes to Disney+ in January.
FLORA & ULYSSES is a delightful comedy-adventure based on the Newberry Award-winning book. 10-year-old Flora is an avid comic book fan and self-avowed cynic, whose parents have recently separated. One day, she rescues a squirrel whom she names “Ulysses”. U.S. Release date: February 19.
RAYA AND THE LAST DRAGON is the story of lone warrior, Raya who must track down the legendary last dragon in order to stop an evil force that has returned after 500 years to once again threaten her home-world, Kumandra.
As a collection of our history’s worst tyrants and criminal masterminds gather to plot a war to wipe out millions, one man must race against time in order to stop them. Discover the origins of the very first independent intelligence agency in THE KING’S MAN, coming to theaters on March 12.
In THE FALCON AND WINTER SOLDIER, the pair who came together in the final moments of AVENGERS: ENDGAME, team up on a global adventure that tests their abilities. The movie debuts on Disney+ March 19.
RON’S GONE WRONG is the animated comedy adventure about a socially awkward middle-schooler named Barney, and ‘Ron’, his new walking, talking digitally-connected device. Ron is supposed to be his ‘Best Friend out of the Box’, but hilarious malfunctions set against the backdrop of the social media age, launch them into an action-packed journey in which boy and robot come to terms with the wonderful messiness of friendship. U.S. release date is April 23.
BLACK WIDOW, the first film in Phase Four of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, hits U.S. theaters on May 7. In this action-packed spy thriller, Natasha Romanoff aka ‘Black Widow’ confronts the darker parts of her ledger when a dangerous conspiracy with ties to her past arises.
FREE GUY, which opens in U.S. theaters on May 21, is an epic adventure-comedy about a bank teller who discovers that he is actually a background player in a open-world video game.
Academy Award winner Emma Stone stars in CRUELLA, an all-new live action feature film about the rebellious early days of one of cinemas most notorious – and notoriously fashionable – villains, the legendary Cruella de Vil. The live action comedy-drama arrives in theaters on May 28.
Marvel Studios’ LOKI is set to debut on Disney+ in May, and features the God of Mischief as he steps out of his brother’s shadow in a new series that takes place after the events of AVENGERS: ENDGAME.
Set in a beautiful seaside town on the Italian Riviera, Disney and Pixar’s LUCA is a coming-of-age story about a boy and his newfound best friend during an unforgettable summer filled with gelato, pasta and endless scooter rides. LUCA is directed by Enrico Casarosa (“La Luna”) and produced by Andrea Warren (“Lava,” “Cars 3”). LUCA opens in theaters June 18.
Marvel Studios’ SHANG-CHI AND THE LEGEND OF THE TEN RINGS stars Simu Lui as ‘Shang-Chi’ who must confront the past he thought he left behind when he is drawn into the web of the mysterious Ten Rings organization. The film opens in theaters on July 9.
Join fan favorites Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt for the adventure of a lifetime on Disney’s JUNGLE CRUISE, a rollicking thrill-ride down the Amazon with wisecracking skipper Frank Wolff and intrepid researcher Dr. Lily Houghton. JUNGLE CRUISE releases in U.S. theaters on July 30.
Based on the celebrated novel by famed mystery writer Patricia Highsmith THE TALENTED MR. RIPLEY), DEEP WATER takes us inside the marriage of picture-perfect ‘Vic’ (Ben Affleck) and ‘Melinda’ (Ana de Armas) Van Allen to discover the dangerous mind games they plan and what happens to people who get caught up in them. DEEP WATER is scheduled to be released in U.S. theaters on August 13.
Acclaimed filmmaker Peter Jackson’s THE BEATLES: GET BACK is a unique cinematic experience that takes audiences back in time to The Beatles intimate recording sessions during a pivotal moment in music history. THE BEATLES: GET BACK will open in U.S. theaters on August 27.
Coming to Disney+ in summer 2021, WHAT IF…? is Marvel Studios’ first animated series the focuses on different heroes from the MCU, featuring a voice cast that includes a host of stars who reprise their roles.
Based on the 1937 novel by Agatha Christie, DEATH ON THE NILE is a daring mystery-thriller directed by Kenneth Branagh about the emotional chaos and deadly consequences triggered by obsessive love. U.S. release date is September 17.
From Twentieth Century Studios and visionary filmmaker Ridley Scott comes THE LAST DUEL, a gripping tale of betrayal and vengeance set against the brutality and female oppression of 14th century France. THE LAST DUEL is scheduled to be released October 15.
Spanning thousands of years, Marvel Studios’ ETERNALS is an epic story featuring a group of immortals heroes forced out of the shadows to reunite against mankind’s oldest enemy, The Deviants. ETERNALS opens in theaters November 5.
In Walt Disney Animation Studios’ ENCANTO, Mirabel, the only ordinary member of her extraordinary family, discovers that the magic surrounding their home is in danger, and she might be her family’s last hope. ENCANTO opens in theaters on November 24.
Directed by Academy Award winner Steven Spielberg, from a screenplay by Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award winner Tony Kushner, WEST SIDE STORY tells the classic tale of fierce rivalries and young love in 1957 New York City. U.S. release date is December 10.
MS. MARVEL is a new original live-action series that launches on Disney+ in late 2021. This series features a studious student who is an avid gamer and voracious fan-fiction scribe with a special affinity for superheroes, particularly Captain Marvel.
HAWKEYE stars Jeremy Renner and debuts on Disney+ in late 2021.
Boba Fett’s journey continues in THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT, which will be set within the timeline of THE MANDALORIAN. This original live-action series will be released on Disney+ in December.
Inspired by true events, EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE is the film adaptation of the hit musical that tells the story of a 16-year old Jamie New, who dreams of becoming a drag queen.
STAR WARS: THE BAD BATCH follows the elite and experimental clones of the Bad Batch, who were first introduced in THE CLONE WARS. In this animated series, the Bad Batch take on daring mercenary missions as they struggle to stay afloat and find a new purpose. STAR WARS: THE BAD BATCH will arrive exclusively on Disney+.