This personal and unbiased movie review is possible, thanks to the exclusive sponsored blogger screening.
Are you a LEGO® fan? To be honest, I did not grow up playing with LEGO® blocks. I could not understand the fascination with building and destroying various meticulously assembled plastic boxy creations. Then, when I got married, I was surprised to find my husband’s numerous boxes of cherished plastic bricks.
Over the years, LEGO® has not only exploded in all of our kids’ rooms and dangerously across our floors, but across our television screens, bookshelves and movie screens in a wide range of categories. As my daughter was growing up, we watched and especially enjoyed the first Lego Movie (2014), LEGO® Batman Movie (2017) and many of the LEGO® movie WiiU games (‘Harry Potter’ and ‘The Hobbit’).
With each new LEGO® installment, we held a particularly high bar for the entertainment value. In general, there is an impressive amount of attention to visual detail (chips, fingerprints, faded decals), varied age-level humor without being crass, interesting characters and captivating plot. Therefore, we were very excited to see this movie sequel.
THE LEGO® MOVIE 2: THE SECOND PART is an action-packed animated adventure for the whole family. The talented Cast with great comedic timing includes: Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Will Arnett, Tiffany Haddish, Stephanie Beatriz, Alison Brie, Nick Offerman, Charlie Day, and Maya Rudolph. Who can you recognize when you hear them?
This much-anticipated sequel to the critically acclaimed, global box office phenomenon that started it all, THE LEGO® MOVIE 2: THE SECOND PART reunites the heroes of Bricksburg to save their beloved city. We really enjoyed seeing our favorite characters again, like Unikitty.The movie begins exactly where we left off in the first LEGO MOVIE. Then immediately it jumps ahead, five years later, and we find out what happened to everyone.“Everything was awesome”, but now the citizens are facing a huge new threat! Destructive LEGO DUPLO® invaders from outer space wreck everything faster than it can be rebuilt. Who is behind this disaster and how will our heroes save Bricksburg?!
The battle to defeat the invaders and restore harmony to the LEGO universe will take Emmet (Chris Pratt), Lucy (Elizabeth Banks), Batman (Will Arnett) and their friends to faraway, unexplored worlds. It will test their courage, creativity and Master Building skills, and reveal just how special they really are.
Our Thoughts on THE LEGO® MOVIE 2: THE SECOND
- High Expectations: We loved the first LEGO® MOVIE, therefore, we expected a funny, good-quality and entertaining sequel with plot twists appropriate for all ages.
- Concern with over-revealing Trailer: This movie trailer is fun, but often many movies unfortunately reveal most of their better scenes in attention-seeking trailers. In this case, however, we were relieved to find that not all of the good jokes were used in the trailer. The trailer is a perfect movie muse-bouche, to set you up for a fun experience.
- Sequel Curse: We were concerned that this sequel would end up being yet another annoying recycled attempt at making more money. Thankfully, THE LEGO® MOVIE 2 provides the perfect next segment to the original LEGO adventure and is not filled with repetitive, worn-out jokes.
- Appropriate PG-Rating Concern: Recently, more movies seem to be pushing the high-end of the PG/PG-13 rating. Fortunately, THE LEGO® MOVIE 2 is entertaining for all ages (kids, teens, adults): with a good combination of some physical humor, some intrigue/mystery to solve, some inside jokes for the older kids in the audience.
- Quality Moral to the Story: Bonus! There is a good take-away lesson especially for kiddos with siblings.
According to Stella Rating: Family Viewing Disclaimer (1/low – 5/high scale)
This is a PG-rated movie, due to mild action and rude humor. Scenes includes several battle sequences; property destruction that leaves a desolate future world; fights with plastic bodies hitting each other; characters in peril and nearly harmed; characters drinking beer, champagne and coffee; and mild language. Therefore, I give THE LEGO® MOVIE 2 the following rating:
- 1 – SEX/NUDITY
- 2 – VIOLENCE/GORE
- 1 – PROFANITY
Enjoy online games? Click here to play:
For the more pics, clips, activity pages and movie news, check back here often with me at According to Stella as well as Like and Follow THE LEGO® MOVIE 2: THE SECOND PART at: Facebook * Twitter * Instagram * Official Website