The countdown to Halloween is real now. Are you ready? Do you dress up? Hand out candy? Or help the kiddos with their costumes? We like to use stencils for our pumpkins, and enjoy toasting the yummy seeds. With “Hela-ween” right around the corner (and THOR: RAGNAROK thundering to theaters November 3rd), I wanted you to enjoy some fun DIY “Hela” inspired ideas including a pumpkin carving design, how to transform into “Hela” for under $25 and a delicious candy apple recipe.
How cool is this Hela-stencil?? You could probably carve it completely out and add a candle inside? Send me your pictures, I’d love to see your finished Jack-o-lantern.
“Hela’s Headdress” DIY:
I have a few friends who would ROCK this headdress.
“Mjolnir Candy Apples” Recipe:
Mjolnir Candy Apples
6 Granny Smith Apples
6 Apple Sticks
24 oz. White Meltable Candy Wafers
3 oz. Black Meltable Candy Wafers
3 oz. Green Meltable Candy Wafers
5 oz. Gray Icing
- Cut the apples into rectangles.
- Insert apple stick into the middle of each apple.
- Place the apple into the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Microwave the meltable candy wafers and shortening together until melted and smooth.
- Remove apples from the freezer and dip them into the melted meltable candy wafers.
- Shake off the excess meltable candy wafers and place onto a sheet of parchment paper.
- Place into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Decorate the sides of Thor’s hammer with icing.
Recipe and design by Koalipops.
Be sure to check back here for the latest news from Marvel Studios.
THOR: RAGNAROK opens in theaters everywhere November 3rd!
For more Halloween ideas: