Time to go on an unplanned adventure in the city! Stars Sabrina Carpenter (“Girl Meets World”) and Sofia Carson (“Descendants”) compete as babysitters who turn an ordinary night into an evening that NO ONE will forget in Disney Channel’s Original Movie Adventures in Babysitting on DVD June 28th!
This new movie is heartfelt story that celebrates individuality, friendship and self-empowerment. The live-action adventure comedy made for kids, tweens and families, pays homage to the 1980s classic with familiar references and iconic scenes. This DVD is packed with exclusive hilarious bloopers and a Magnetic Photo Frame!!!
A 10-Minute Preview will be Available Friday, June 3
The 100th Disney Channel Original Movie, “Adventures in Babysitting,” premieres FRIDAY, JUNE 24 (8:00 p.m. EDT) on Disney Channel. On Friday, June 17, this modernized film of the same name will be available to verified users on the Disney Channel app and via VOD. The premiere of “Adventures in Babysitting” will be ushered in by the “100th DCOM Celebration,” a nostalgic programming event across Disney Channel, the Disney Channel App and VOD featuring every DCOM ever made.
Get to know popular actress and recording artist: Sabrina Carpenter (Jenny Parker)
- Babysitter Jenny Parker is the responsible and dependent straight-A student whose quiet night babysitting turns into an adventure in the big city in “Adventures in Babysitting”
- Carpenter is best known for her role as Maya, in Disney Channel’s comedy series “Girl Meets World”
- Born on May 11, 1999, originally from Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
- Began her acting career in 2010, frequently auditioning through video submissions
- Landed her first guest starring role on “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.” Shortly thereafter, she was cast in the lead role in pilots for ABC, Fox and Disney Channel.
- In addition to acting, Carpenter is a talented singer/songwriter, signed to Hollywood Records.
- Recently debuted her single “Smoke and Fire” from her latest album. In spring 2014, she released her debut EP, “Eyes Wide Open.” In addition to singing and co-writing songs, she continues to learn to play the guitar and piano and has her eye on a set of drums.
- Likes to spend time with her friends, watch movies, roller-skate and bicycle
- Likes to tap into her east coast roots and sled whenever she gets the chance
- Also loves to draw
Get to know co-star and fellow ‘babysitter’: Sofia Carson (Lola Perez)
- Babysitter Lola Perez is the bold and artist teenager.
- Best known for her role as Evie, daughter of the Evil Queen, in the international smash-hit Disney Channel Original Movie “Descendants,” which delivered over 12.2 million Total Viewers in its U.S. premiere and ranks as cable television’s #5 original movie of all time.
- She reprises her role as the voice of Evie in the animated short-form series, “Descendants: Wicked World,” currently airing on Disney Channel. A sequel to “Descendants” is also currently in development.
- Carson will also star in “A Cinderella Story: If the Shoe Fits,” a new, modernized version of the classic Disney tale. The latest installment of the franchise will air on Freeform.
- In addition to acting, Carson is a dedicated singer/songwriter.
- Currently signed to Republic Records/Hollywood Records and just released her debut single, “Love Is The Name.” “Love Is The Name” is an infectious rhythmic pop interpolation of the international hit “Live is Life” by Opus. She also recorded an alternate version featuring Latin Grammy Award-winner J Balvin.
- For the “Descendants” soundtrack, Carson recorded a solo retro-soul version of “Rotten to the Core,” in addition to a Latin version of the song. Her music video for the song topped the iTunes and Vevo charts and has over 60 million views.
- Is a student at the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) where she is a Communications major and International Relations minor.
- Born in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, raised in Miami and is of Colombian descent.
- Has a younger sister and is fluent in English, Spanish, and French.
In “Adventures in Babysitting”, Jenny Parker (Sabrina Carpenter) and Lola Perez (Sofia Carson) are two teen girls with distinctly different personalities. The girls each interview for a coveted photography internship, but accidentally swap phones which leads to slew of problems. When the Anderson family calls Jenny’s phone looking for a last-minute babysitter, audacious Lola takes the opportunity to earn some extra cash and nominates herself for the job. Meanwhile, dependable Jenny is already set to babysit the Cooper family for that same evening. Unfortunately, Lola’s first attempt at babysitting takes an unforeseen turn when one of the Anderson kids sneaks out to go to a concert. Jenny, determined to protect her reputation, grabs Lola (and her kids) and they all head out and have the adventure of a lifetime during one magical night in the big city.
Schedule of upcoming events
FRIDAY, MAY 20
- The digital single for “Wild Side,” the movie’s end credit song performed by Carpenter and Carson, will be available for purchase. A lyric video for the song will also premiere on Disney Channel.
FRIDAY, JUNE 3
- An exclusive preview of the first 10 minutes of the movie will be available on the Disney Channel and Freeform Apps and via Disney Channel YouTube and Facebook.
FRIDAY, JUNE 17
- Advance viewing of “Adventures in Babysitting” available on VOD and to verified users on the Disney Channel app for smartphones, tablets and connected TVs.
FRIDAY, JUNE 24
- Television premiere of “Adventures in Babysitting” (8:00 p.m. EDT) on Disney Channel.
SATURDAY, JUNE 25
- “Adventures in Babysitting” is available for purchase on iTunes, Amazon Instant Video and Google Play.
TUESDAY, JUNE 28
- “Adventures in Babysitting” is available on DVD at retailers nationwide. The DVD includes exclusive bloopers and a complimentary magnetic photo frame.
Follow @DisneyChannelPR for up-to-date news on #AdventuresinBabysitting
© 2016 Disney. All rights reserved.