Learning about Essential Oils has relieved several different stresses in our lives. See my posts on Vera Ann’s Schoole Blend, Magic Snore Eraser, and My Introduction to Essential Oils for more details.
Here are the Basics to help you find your way as well.
1. Quality is Key. Many people do not realize that essential oils found in standard retail stores are not therapeutic-grade oils. Therapeutic-grade means that the oils are not safe for consumption or to be used as a topical treatment. They can but only be used for the aromatherapy effect. While I use all of my essential oils for various aromatherapy treatments, some are not meant to be ingested and do not have high quality ingredients. Those are strictly for aroma. I discovered that oils even at our local health food store could not be ingested or applied directly to the skin. I need to be able to apply certain oils, such as peppermint for a headache, or lavender at night to sleep. Being able to apply the oils directly, gave me a greater amount of aroma and a deeper sense of calm. Then I found Young Living Essential Oils and I have been a fan ever since. These oils are a higher quality and many can be applied directly to the skin or even ingested (Check manufacturer’s labels first!)
Many companies claim that they are selling “Pure Essential Oil,” but right now companies are only required to put as little as 5% pure oil from a plant into each bottle. The process of extracting the oil is not regulated, meaning that chemical solvents can be used to extract oils and still claim to be “pure.” Its important to know if the oil is free of residual herbicides & pesticides as well. Making sure the company has its own lab to ensure quality is also key. The distillation process can also involve outside chemicals as well, so its important to make sure the oils you choose are as organic as possible.
2. An oil for every ailment. Here are some of our favorite basic oils that can relieve aches & pains!
Lavender essential oil – minor burns, rashes/hives, sunburn relief, bruises
Thieves essential oil blend – colds/flu, sore throat, headaches, toothaches
Peppermint essential oil – headaches, fever, congestion, nausea
Valor essential oil blend – neck/muscle pain
Contact me directly to order a sample.
The oils below are what came in my starter kit, and can help with so many problems!
3. 10,000 People Can’t Be Wrong. I belong to a Facebook Group that has over 10,000 members who use essential oils. As they say in my area, “The proof is in the pudding,” and there are so many people using essential oils for either aromatherapy, topical treatment, or ingestion (Please see my disclaimer at the bottom of this post, as I am not a medical doctor nor do I play one on TV). However, there are so many ways to use oils for prevention. I have personally used them to treat various ailments. Essential oils can be used three ways: aromatically, topically, or internally depending on the expected effects/results.
4. Beginner Oils. Because there are so many wonderful oils, it’s nice to start with the basics, which are included in the Young Living Premium Starter Kit as well. These are included in the picture above, and you can see how they are used. When I first started using oils, I wasn’t sure where to begin, so I find it helpful when others can point me in the right direction. This helped me from wasting money on oils I didn’t need!
5. A Different Outlook. One of my besties uses Lemon oil constantly as part of her DIY air freshener, and as part of many of her household cleaners. When I’m stressed, I grab for roll-on of Peace & Calming. When my husband starts to snore, I lunge for my R.C. to help him breathe and sleep restfully. These are just a few ways that these oils have changed my life and gave me a different outlook or desired feeling. Natural remedies are as old as time, and it has concerned me that many families use so many products only developed in the last few years. We really do not know how these will affect us long-term!
Young Living is equipped with their own farms and guarantees that no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of any of their oils.
- They hand weed and use their own essential oils as pest control.
- They use the first distillation of oils instead of adding chemicals to get more out of the plant.
- Young Living also was the only company that was directly in charge of essential oil farming operations. They do not use brokers to get their oil.
- I loved getting great quality at a wholesale price. I was paying just as much (or more) for oils from the health food store that were not as high quality!
How To Buy Young Living Essential Oils
Since I had used essential oils for years, it didn’t take me long to want to begin sharing these oils with others! I have often given family members massages to help relieve stress, so this was another way I could pass along great products that better others’ lives!
2. Check the “Wholesale Member” option to ensure the lower prices.
3. Be sure the “sponsor ID” and “enroller id” say 3183945 (I have a freebie for you!!)
4. Decide on the starter kit you would like. The best value is the $150 because you get several extra 5ml. oils + a diffuser!
5. Begin ordering oils! I will also add you to the Facebook groups so you can ask questions about which oils to use and what others have tried! I really believe learning from others is key, and there are over 10,000 people in one of my favorite groups!
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.