I love salads, don’t you??
Do you have a favorite salad at certain restaurants that you crave for and can only find there? I’ve even tried to duplicate those combinations at home, but they never turn out as well.
So, about 3 months ago, I decided to improve my health by being more aware of my eating habits, as well as my overall well-being.
Since becoming more aware, I have been shocked by a few things. See my Essential Oil section for more information about that aspect of life.
Meanwhile, I’ve been horrified by how much money we go through dining out AND how many calories are in my favorite salads!!!! The bulk of the calories are not just in the dressing anymore!!
Being more mindful about food has changed my energy level, waistline, and as a side-effect, improved our finances as well! Bonus!
We still eat out, and savor every bite. We do not measure everything – which spoils the entire affair. Instead, we portion our meals, and have found that smaller sections are just as satisfying – and we skip the bloating too!
Most of my meals at home, on the other hand, tend to consist of a salad. I get bored very easily, so I try to decorate my salad as best as I can. My secret? Copy other combinations. Shop ahead, and make sure I have easy access to ingredients.
My favorite salad dressing is Ponzu Japanese dressing, or just some salt.
Here are some of my favorites:
- Spinach, mandarin oranges, craisins (shout out to my days working at Ocean Spray), sliced almonds
- Spinach, grapes, tomatoes, cucumber
- Restaurant side salad: iceburg lettuce, green pepper, tomato, croutons, Oil&Vinegar dressing
- Spinach, red grapefruit, sliced almonds
- Spinach, grapes, mushrooms
- Spinach, strawberries, grapes, sliced almonds
- Spinach, blueberries, mandarin oranges, red pepper, sliced almonds
- Spinach, mushroom, tomatoes, carrots
- Spinach, mushroom, tomatoes
I’d love to swap salad combinations. Post your below.