Guess who is rolling by! The CARS 3 Road to the Races national tour will visit the Washington, DC-area on Wednesday, May 10. This FREE event is open to the public throughout the day. Stop by at any time between 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM.
Road to the Races is a nationwide tour inviting all #95 fans to gear up for the upcoming big-screen release of Disney•Pixar’s “Cars 3.” Life-size character look-alike of five-time Piston-Cup champion Lightning McQueen, tech-savvy Cruz Ramirez and the sleek next-gen racer Jackson Storm will be rolling into town to celebrate “Cars 3” with local fans.
- Alamo Rent A CarSM has a giant coloring mural featuring Lightning McQueen and friends, along with a color pencil pack souvenir.
- The Coppertone® area created a racer pit crew where you can to take part in a tire-changing activity and photo-sharing opportunity.
- Crest® and Oral-B® celebrate the Road to the Races tour, by giving you an opportunity to create a digital postcard with Lightning McQueen and get “Cars”-themed oral care products.
- At the Dole® section, you can fuel up and recharge your batteries, sample high-octane fruit and vegetable smoothies, collect “Cars 3”-inspired recipes and discover how Dole and Disney are working together to make healthy living fun and easy for families. See more of Dole’s exciting promotions around summer family fun at www.dole.com/Cars3.
- Mattel presents an interactive play area, which sends Lightning McQueen and other racers down the gravity drop and launches them into action in new play sets that feature locations from the movie. Also, check out a collection of die cast racers from past and present.
- Catch a sneak peek of the movie in the Cinetransformer Mobile Movie Theater, and take photos with your favorite life-size character cars.
In addition, the sports national youth program NASCAR Acceleration Nation will display the science behind NASCAR racing, and elements from the NASCAR Hall of Fame will allow attendees to get up close and personal with the history of NASCAR.
Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, #95 legendary Lightning McQueen is suddenly pushed out of the sport he loves. To get back in the game, he will need the help of an eager young race technician, Cruz Ramirez, plus inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Hornet and a few unexpected turns. Proving that #95 isn’t through yet will test the heart of a champion on Piston Cup Racing’s biggest stage! Directed by Brian Fee (storyboard artist “Cars,” “Cars 2“), produced by Kevin Reher (“A Bug’s Life,” “La Luna” short) and co-produced by Andrea Warren (“LAVA” short).
This tour of cities includes: Miami, Dallas, Chicago, Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Denver and Los Angeles, among others—the full list is available at CARS3tour.com. The “Road to the Races” nationwide tour wraps up in California with a visit to NASCAR at the Sonoma Raceway June 24-25, 2017, and the life-size character cars will also roll onto the red carpet for the “Cars 3” world premiere on Saturday, June 10, 2017.
CARS 3 cruises into theaters everywhere on June 16th!