Over the last few weeks, my daughter had the opportunity to live out one of my dreams. Ever since I was 8 years old, I always wanted to be a mermaid. Other kids were asked what they wanted to be when they grew up – they usually wanted to be a doctor, fireman, policeman or astronaut. I grew up in Hawaii, and our complex had a pool. As often as I could manage, I practiced swimming with my legs pressed together and held my breath as long as possible. I even played with my friends by talking under water… Since then, I am still fascinated with everything under the sea, and would live underwater if ever possible.
I am tickled pink to introduce to you: The Ocea Mer-Tail!
Unleash your inner mermaid and check out the official website: Ocea Creations homepage
How does it work?
First, head on over and order your magical Mermaid Tail, which is available at this Amazon link.
Here are the sizes to select from:
Then, skip over to the pool and get ready:
Ultimately, you will be putting on the entire tail piece all together. But before you do, I suggest you become familiar with the monofin.
Like a wetsuit, the fin slips over the feet like a glove. There is a strap on the ankle to aid with support. The attachment system of the monofin is specially designed to adapt to small, growing, and adult feet.
What is the monofin?
* The monofin is made of 100% recycled material. Ocea wanted to make sure that they did their part for the environment.
* The premium quality swimsuit material is FADE-RESISTANT in order to provide hours of fun in the pool, lake or ocean.
* Unlike other monofins, the Ocea monofin is especially designed from the smallest feet to adult sized feet. It will stay on as long as your young mermaid’s fantasy lasts and will adapt to growing feet.
* The unique design is made with hours of mermaid fantasy in mind.
* The monofin is exposed from the rest of the tail suit to give young mermaids the maximum control and propulsion to ensure a realistic mermaid experience, that is easy, fun, and effortless, too.
* The mermaid fin also comes with a special non-toxic and non-permanent marker to spark a young mermaid’s imagination.
* The monofin is a different color from the rest of the mermaid tail, because that is how tails are often depicted in movies and images.
* The mermaid tails were designed with help from people at Cirque du Soleil.
* The breathable 4-way stretch fabric brings comfort and makes it possible to rapidly release water, which makes it easier to swim with a mermaid tail.
* This fabric is made of 92% polyester and 8% spandex, which is the same fabric used by elite aquatic circus artists. The tail is also equipped with a long zipper that allows easy insertion and removal of the monofin.
* $1 will be sent to the Mission Blue project (created by Sylvia Earle) for every mermaid tail sold. You can find more info about Mission Blue at this link: http://mission-blue.org/
Once you zip up the side/bottom and pull up the spandex leg section, the entire tail should fit relatively snug like this picture. The MerTail is not created for land, so make sure to get help into the water as soon as possible. Trying to hop around out of the water will damage the monofin.
We found that it was easy to prop my daughter onto the side of the pool, so she could hop into the water.
11-year old Veronica splashed around and started getting more comfortable with the movement and feel of her tail. We will be trying it again in a few days at the pool. I am still recovering and strengthening my knees and legs from a dislocated knee. Otherwise, I’d be flipping around the pool for your entertainment.
I can’t wait to see your pictures and videos when you try your fin out!!
Make sure to join their mailing list at: http://oceacreations.com and learn more about protecting the oceans.
Ocea Creations began their mermaid project a year ago, on KickStarter. I have enjoyed learning about this project, and look forward to their future creations.
* Blogger was compensated with the product in exchange for honest review *