My 10-year old daughter, Vera Ann is extremely intelligent but struggled at school – which of course, overflows to home and other aspects of her life.
Ever since I was pregnant, with ALL DAY sickness and dehydration concerns… she has always been a challenge 🙂
- She arrived one week early
- She wanted to run before she could even stand
- She invented her own language, which sounded like backwards Taiwanese, so was delayed in English/human-speak
- She refused to participate in Circle Time, but loved to listen to stories when SHE wanted to
- Speech class didn’t really apply to her specific linguistic needs
- Montessori was too ‘open’ and ‘free’ for her
- The list goes on and on and on
Originally, I assumed and pushed for a diagnosis of High-Functioning Aspergers, so we could obtain help in school (speech, developmental, etc). [My husband has HFA, so I jumped to conclusions as developmental delays occurred.] Teachers wanted to suggest ADHD, but she wasn’t fitting that exact behavior either.
By second grade, the public school was not able to support her needs and I was convicted to homeschool/cyberschool. Over those three challenging years, we grew closer as we learned more about how she processes and how amazingly talented she truly is.
Now, is she 10 and we decided to give public school another try. In addition to the initial culture shock into fifth grade, Vera Ann was overly overwhelmed and crashing at the end of each day. By the third week, she was physically ill from stress.
Around that time, I requested another psychiatric evaluation, since High-Functioning Aspergers did not seem to completely, ever, really fit my daughter. At the appointment, the doctor casually handed me a sheet of paper entitled “Central Auditory Processing Diagnosis (CAPD)”. I nearly fell out of my seat. THIS WAS HER EXACTLY. I knew there was some gap in her input/output processing, but could never figure it out! Now, we could actually start working on a plan versus poking around in the dark!
At that same time, my incredible teacher friend, Stephanie Brandt had been finding wonderfully healthy spiritual, physical and emotional healing through her Essential Oils. She gave me a sample of a special blend and I tried it on Vera Ann for a few days before sending her to school. I had previously tried another company’s oils, but the scent and ineffectiveness turned us both off at that time.
This time, the enticing scent and my friend’s success was intriguing.
The oils sounded like a potential placebo, and I didn’t want the new school to think I was one of the ‘those’ moms. Plus, I honestly forgot to tell the school that I was experimenting with oils on my daughter. Three days later, the school sent home a message that Vera Ann had been extremely attentive recently and they are so proud of her. I cannot express the wave of relief that crashed over me. I shouted out many praises to the Lord that week!!
She named this blend, her SCHOOLE POTION, and EVERYONE notices when she does not apply it throughout the day… lol
- The excited flapping heightens as she speaks
- Her teeth start grinding as she, unconsciously and desperately, seeks something like her finger or pencil to gnaw (since she does not have access to chewing gum at school)
- Her impulsivity explodes and she can’t control herself (highly expressive, running out of the car and forgetting to look around, etc.)
Since this discovery, I have ventured deeper into the healthy aspects of essential oils and the company Young Living.
Check out my other oil posts to see my other discoveries, and feel free to contact me or ask any questions below.
Contact me directly to order a sample. Interested in trying this for yourself or someone in your life, follow this link for information: Getting Your Oils at a Discount